12:09 PM ET
- Joined ESPN in 2014
- Journalist protecting gambling trade considering that 2008
- Ryan Rodenbergclose Assistant professor of activities legislations analytics agen piala dunia at FSU
- creator of a large number of academic articles on sports gaming
- Co-wrote and filed US Supreme courtroom amicus brief
- lawyers for the 5 sports leagues that misplaced the Supreme court docket sports betting case have answered to a legal claim filed ultimate week in quest of $three.4 million and other damages stemming from the lawsuit.in accordance with court docket files, attorneys for the NFL, NCAA, NBA, NHL and foremost League Baseball describe makes an attempt by means of the brand new Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen’s association NJTHA to recover money from a 2014 bond and different alleged damages as,meritless, if now not frivolous.”
- right here is ESPN Chalk’s one-cease shop of all crucial content material, following the Supreme court’s ruling in desire of recent Jersey.
- 4da1a46ec20cf93ee5c846a51e04f0ed.”NJTHA is entitled to no healing as a remember of legislation,” wrote attorneys for the 5 leagues in a three-web page letter dated may additionally 29. The letter suggests the leagues will additionally oppose any efforts to behavior further depositions of various commissioners and different league executives. decide Michael Shipp — the same decide who first heard the lawsuit that eventually made its technique to the Supreme court — will preside over the renewed dispute.last week, the NJTHA, a bunch associated with the Monmouth Park racetrack and on line casino that had up to now developed out a sportsbook on-site, filed a forty five-page quick in guide of its action.”for judgment on $three.4 million injunction bond plus interest and damages.”attorneys for the NJTHA suggested Shipp by means of an accompanying letter that the action would also are searching for a judgment,declaring that the Leagues acted in wrong religion via wrongfully blocking off the NJTHA from working a activities having a bet venue at Monmouth Park.”NJTHA attorneys requested that Shipp order an evidentiary hearing, too.
New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy isn’t part of the NJTHA’s claim in opposition t the five leagues.
Shipp has set June 18 as the tentative date for a ruling on the difficulty.
Orlando Sentinel – we’re at present unavailable in your areasadly, our website is currently unavailable in most European international locations. we are engaged on the concern and committed to looking at alternatives that assist our full range of digital offerings to the eu market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions a good way to give all readers with our award-winning journalism.
2018, Orlando Sentinel